Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Banana Choc Chip Cuppies

I got this recipe from a website (http://cuppincakesforyou.blogspot.com/) but modified it to make my own. The taste is heavenly, the look is ok but the texture may be a bit "apam like" to some people. So if you want a fluffy one, this is not the one. However, I have done it a few times and each time, it came up differently. It depends on how ripe the banana is!! This particular one, I made for Izzaty's birthday party.




The recipe:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cup Cake

1.5 cup flour
1 cup banana (I use ripe pisang berangan)
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar (you can use 1/2 sugar but it is tad too sweet for me)*
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
Chocolate chip (to your liking)

*original recipe use 1 cup of sugar but it was so sweet. I guess she used pisang montel.

Instruction:
1) Shift flour, salt and baking soda. Put aside
2) Cream butter and sugar. Then add in egg and vanilla
3) Add in the dry items into the mixture in 3 stages. Mix well. I use the electric mixture.
4) Add in the chocolate chip.
5) Scoop the mixture into the cup
6) Bake for 20 min at 180.

The recipe gives about 16 cupcakes but it depends on the size of your cup.

Frosting:

Use the cream cheese frosting

1 pack of cream cheese
1/2 cup of butter
icing sugar ( frankly I have no idea how much I put in)

Mix until smooth

0 comments: