Friday, February 22, 2008

Pan cake



I make for breakfast on Friday morning. I search through the internet and most of the recipe requires about 4 cups of flour. I dont want to make that much!!

The recipe ( I get it from somewhere but forgot to note down the url, with due respect, this recipe belongs to whoever post it there):

1 egg
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 cup of flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk (I used milk instead)

Directions:

1) Whisk egg and cooled butter lightly in a bowl (make sure the egg and butter are at room temperature)
2) Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt
3) Add dry ingredients to egg mixture
4) Stir until batter is well mixed
5) Add buttermilk* (I used milk) and stir again until mixed, batter will be lumpy.
6) Pour a scoopful laddle onto preheated griddle
7) Cook until bubbles appear all round, then turn over and cook until golden brown.

*the original recipe:

to substitute buttermilk: 1 cup of milk and add with 1 1/3 tbsp cream of tartar. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.

note: I also found somewhere, we can also used lime juice or vinegar to replace the cream of tartar.

To me, milk is good enough!!

0 comments: